Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday, July 9th, and 23 days since I started this process

So its been 23 days since I started taking meds for this process to happen. I am feeling a little worn out but then I spare a thought for my friend who I am doing this for and I realise that I am experiencing a mere fraction of what she has had to go through over the past 13 years of trying to fall pregnant. And as my mum would say, you don't know how someone feels until you've walked in their shoes. To compare then, I am taking baby steps in the processes my friend has endured at the hands of her challenging reproductive system.

So today I am snorting the Synarel morning and night and injecting the Gonal f into my stomach. Not too taxing really. Except I am feeling it physically today. I feel bloated and heavy and have spent a bit of time on the couch. I have also walked up to the shops and had a wave of total love wash over me for my partner back home. You know those butterflies you get in the pit of your stomach when you first meet someone you really, really like? Well, it was like that. I was beaming from ear to ear. And I was dying to call him and just gush out feelings of total adoration to him... Its a good thing that happened at about 3am UK time. I can only imagine his response..."How much longer are you on these drugs?" He really is a great guy, don't get me wrong. But even he has his limits!

So I went to my mates house tonight, the recipients of the eggs so that I could babysit their two adopted daughters while they had a rare night out. The little one (2yr old) was in bed before they even left. And their 5 yr old fell asleep lying next to me on the couch after Masterchef finished. Bless, the girls are soooo cute!

So as I lay there wallowing in my own bloated pain, I figured how worth while baby making is! I can't wait to have my own little family!

No comments:

Post a Comment